Sunday, November 5, 2023

Sketchbook Activities


Have you ever done a sketch day? We did and called it Sketch-A-Palooza. If you scroll down below you can see all the details. I chunked our block schedule for each class. I took a few minutes to explain how the lesson was going to work. I then gave the students the articles to share and collaborate on for the 2nd part of the lesson. Then we moved on to the YouTube videos. After that the students got the outline of the sketches assignments for the lesson. They were allowed to go outside to different places on campus. Yes, I alerted administration to the fact that I would have students roaming about the campus.

I did look on Teachers Pay Teachers for ideas and scavenger hunts and Line Hunts. Hope this helps you plan a fun art lesson! Sketches for the win on this lesson.

I had the students read this article and we then had to discuss it as a group:

https://www.famsf.org/stories/6-reasons-to-sketch

I teach A and B day classes. The other classes had to read this article to discuss:

https://www.englishohmy.com/dont-reprimand-your-students-who-doodle/



We also watched a few gesture drawing videos. See below for more details:






















































1969

No comments:

Post a Comment