Monday, May 29, 2017

Custom Mother's Day Jewelry with Thumbprint


Have you ever heard of Molly's Print?
If not, check out link below:
http://www.mollysprint.com/en/
Here is a link about this bracelet and the story behind why they were originally made:

http://tribunist.com/lifestyle/this-mom-turned-her-sick-daughters-fingerprint-into-a-bracelet-now-she-started-a-company-to-help-everyone-do-it/

 Susanne Georgi faced a difficult time when her daughter, Molly, was born prematurely.  Looking for something to bring forward feelings of hope, she turned to a jewelry designer friend and requested to have Molly’s fingerprint turned into a piece of jewelry.  And that led to the start of a new jewelry line, Molly’s Print.

At times, Georgi wasn’t sure if Molly was going to “make it through to the other side” and she was looking for something that could help her hold on.  She was looking for something to reassure her and bring her hope when she requested the jewelry from her friend Cristina Ricci, who’s now the creative designer with the company.

After the piece had been created for Georgi, the two decided to see if others would be interested in creating their own fingerprint jewelry pieces.  The line quickly took off.

 The process for having a piece created is simple.  First, a fingerprint is taken using traditional fingerprint ink.

Then, a picture of the fingerprint is sent to the company where it is examined before being used to create a one-of-a-kind piece.

Each fingerprint is handmade and 100 percent unique.

Georgi still sees the fingerprint jewelry pieces as signs of hope: “Every time I look at Molly’s and my other daughter Shelly’s fingerprint, it reminds me of every crisis you can actually overcome.”
Molly is alive and well today, being described by her mother as “a little fighter.”




A few other links:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/love-sex/a-mom-turned-her-daughters-fingerprint-into-a-bracelet-when-she-got-sick-%E2%80%94-then-started-a-company-to-help-everyone-do-it/vp-BByYdbF

http://www.businessinsider.com/company-turns-fingerprints-into-bracelets-2017-3

http://tech.merdeka.news/news/This-Mom-Turned-her-Sick-Daughter%E2%80%99s-Fingerprint-into-a-Bracelet.-Now-She-Started-a-Company-to-Help-Everyone-Do-It


This is a print of my mother's thumb. You see, she has Alzheimer's. What is Alzheimer's?
http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/guide/alzheimers-disease-stages
My daughter, wanted to give me something this past Mother's Day that I could have forever. A piece of my mom. She and Left Brain (Husband) decided to order  a bracelet for me. It is one of the sweetest gifts that I could have ever received. Yes, tears were shed. All I could think about is what great parents I have. They were definitely role models who taught us about having good character.
Yes, I am feeling blessed for many reasons.
 Here are my parents this past weekend at our daughter's graduation. Much love for that photo.
Thanks, Mary Frances! You are one fantastic young lady.
Special thanks to your daddy - He has a big heart and you have inherited that trait too!
#rootsandwings

Huge shout out to Kenny Chesney - you nailed this song about your dad. I can so relate.

Here's what Kenny says about this song: In November 2011, my father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. From that day forward, I was determined he would not forget me ... or I him. Kenny Chesney 's While He Still Knows Who I Am is exactly where I am right now, unscripted. A tribute to all who are living with and dealing with Alzheimer's disease.




No comments:

Post a Comment