Thursday, April 16, 2020

See Dan Paint HELPS Callie Celebrate #26!


Hello!  It's my daughter's 26 birthday.  Unfortunately, we are in the middle of a global pandemic and I had to rely on the internet for my birthday gifts.  It was not unfortunate that I just happened to see Callie's Instagram message a month after she sent it.  I am terrible about looking at those messages on Instagram.  It is a mental block or something.  When I saw the message, I thought let me contact See Dan Paint.  
I did. 
See Dan Paint, Dan Smith, was great!  

Well, who is See Dan Paint?

I found this from AthensClarkCounty.Com.
Dan Smith
Spontaneous Monsterification with Rain on My Brain!

Dan was born in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in 1974. He received both a BFA in Painting and a MAEd in Art Education from the University of Georgia. Dan aka See Dan Paint, is known for a cartoonish pop art style of painting that draws heavily on influences from the Saturday morning cartoons of his childhood, punk rock culture, and the art of skateboards. Spontaneous Monsterfication is a technique that Smith developed that utilizes spontaneously painted cartoon and monster faces to enhance open areas in his paintings through a jigsaw arrangement of shapes and faces. He is currently an elementary school art teacher and resides in Athens, Georgia with his wife, Katie, and two daughters, Chloe and Caitlin.

Artist Statement:
The therapeutic nature of the creation of art is sufficient in fueling my desire to create art. Artists are often asked to name their favorite artist. It is almost expected that the artist will answer by naming “master artists” like Picasso, Van Gogh, or etc. I do agree those gentlemen played an important role in shaping “art”. My answer differs. The art that has influenced my artwork the most is that of cartoons, punk rock album art, and the skateboard artist. I watched cartoons and read comics and comic books growing up. The art on skateboard decks and in Thrasher magazine in the late 80’s and early 90’s provided a spark of interest that exploded into my career in Art. It was the art of Mark Gonzales and Ed Templeton that I found exciting through the energy that was created in their minimal graphic style. My art has transformed and changed over the years from abstract non-objective art to my own cartoonish doodlish style of painting and art-making. I like to make up words. I also believe art should be fun. I am able to escape reality and travel into the cartoonish landscape and spaces I create. Many of these places are places I visited when I was a kid, so in a way I refuse to grow up.    
Now, on a personal note.  When I contacted Dan, he told me that he had taught elementary and high school for 20 years.  Last year, he moved up to be Fine Arts, Heath & PE Curriculum Coordinator for Clark County Schools.  Also, he said he missed seeing kids make art everyday!   Gotta love this!
How did I find him?  
I contacted him using his Facebook page.  Click HERE to See Dan's Facebook page!
He contacted me back with photos really quick!
I picked one!
I sent some cash thru Paypal.
He had my art shipped and it was at my house quicker than Amazon.
When it got here, it was straight up awesome!

Which one???
I'll show you in a minute!

Here is some of his fun art!

LšŸ‘€K!



This one cracks me up.  EYEphone! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

šŸ’™šŸ’™šŸ’™šŸ’™šŸ’™ the whales!






A Merry Christmas See Dan!

A Stinky Sock See Dan




























Here's See Dan Paint or Dan Smith.  


Which one did I get her?
The Blue Gray Whale! 


I love doing art, but I also love collecting art.  I love giving art to people.  Sometimes, I don't think some people that I give art to like the art I give them.  I think they want the art that matches their sofa.  Well, I don't care.  I am still going to give art to people.  If you support art, well buy it!  

Caroline Cochran Ray, you are 9,360 days old.  In 21 days, you will be Caroline Cochran Ray, MD. 

 It is been a great 26 years as a mom of you watching you barefoot along, whistle and sing, laugh in your eyes, and dance in your feet, cause you are a neon-light diamond...that could live on the street!

 I am excited to watch you keep trucking down the path to becoming a pediatric neurologist as you listen to your favorite band...The Grateful Dead.  

And here is a little Jerry Birthday for ya...


šŸ’š, mom
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment