Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Callie's #26 ABC Quarantine Birthday!

What do you do when your daughter is home from med school quarantining at your house and SHE IS TURNING 26?

Here is how this all went down.

I had been waiting for those creative lightening bolts to pop down and hit me for a week. Nothing, I tell ya.  So, I woke up on her birthday, April 16.  I still had nothing.  The birthday fairy had decorated in the family room and kitchen the night before.  So, I did have the birthday fairy doing her normal under the not so normal circumstances.  Before Callie woke up, a mini lightening bolt hit me and I realized that I did have some apple braided bread that I had purchased from a student at school to support her dance team.  Thanks to Meg and her dance team, we did have a special breakfast planned.  Callie woke up to an apple braided bread cooking smell.  I did have that going.  I still did not have an idea for the day though.  We could not just do normal on her birthday.  I told Callie that I was going to take a shower and get cleaned up.  When I went to the shower, I started thinking about 26.  What is 26?  I thought the alphabet may be 26 or is it 24?  I stuck with the alphabet as I brushed my teeth and perfumed up with good ole coco.  I got my phone and googled alphabet letters and just as I thought, there were 26 letters in the alphabet.  The lightening bolt of creativity had not let me down.  It was dragging though and cutting it close.  Once I had the idea of doing 26 things with the 26 letters, I presented it to Callie.

Callie loved the idea, but she did say that it would take awhile.  I thought, no, not really.  I seem to always underestimate the time some things will take.  I think in my head, if it is fun, the time is so much shorter than it really is.

Now, you may be thinking, are they social distancing?  Yes, we sure are!  When you live in the country, social distancing is easy.  Yes, we did stretch the shelter in place a bit, but it was Callie's birthday.  I am sure Governor Kemp would not mind us scooting about for one day and keeping a social distance.  After all, he and my hubs were frat brothers back in the day at UGA.

How did we start this project?  Well, as we drank coffee and ate apple braided bread, we made the list on a piece of paper.  Then, we decided the order based on distance of places.  The pictures were all taken out of order.  We did not start with A and end with Z.  

Here is our day of Callie and the ABC Quarantine Birthday!
This is Callie's grandpa, Bobo.  He's my dad and a hoot.  Click here for previous Bobo posts.
Good ole Barley and Blue.
Yes, oddly enough, we do watch The Great British Baking Show! Click HERE for The Great British Baking Show Link.
She is pointing to the clock tower.  You can see it from I-75 on the way to Florida.  It is where the best fair in the world is in OCTOBER!
Metropolis Grill hooked us up with a fabulous take out!
2 of our friends that just happen to have names that start with K!
Lallie is Callie's best buddy.  She is a music promoter in Nashville, TN.  She's sheltering in place with her parents, too!
Callie's grandmother, Mama Ray.  She's my mother-in-love.
This is not our real nail salon, but you get it.
Callie has taken advantage of every ounce of sunshine with outdoor jogs each day.
Yes, we grow pecan trees!
Oh, I LOVE THIS SEE DAN PAINT art.  For info on Dan, click HERE!  For a post on Dan, click HERE!
Here is our farm!
Shops in Downtown Perry, Georgia.
I goofed on udder on the first project that I put on facebook.  
Check this out:

Wrong caption.  Makes it look like Bobo is a dairy cow.  It is kind of strange that Bobo has this cow in his yard, but Bobo has lots of strange stuff in his yard.  His brother sends him these huge animals at Christmas every year.  I always thought he should make a manger scene with them.  Then, we started getting monkeys and Big Foot and I changed my mind.

But like I said, wrong caption.
I usually make mistakes.
We laugh.
So, we laugh lots cause I make lots of mistakes.
We like Volvo cars because they are super safe.
Here the school that Callie attended and the school where I work.  The Westfield School.
X was a pain in the booty.  Just happened to see this and Callie yelled, "X!"
Blue Bird Buses are made near us in Fort Valley, Georgia.  A school bus is really more orange, but we say yellow.  I don't know why.
My friend, Beth Cleveland, has lots of zoo animals at her house.  Mr. Goat was willing to cooperate.  The Llama, donkey, peacocks, and turkey, not so much.

It was a fun day.  It was not what Callie had planned, but none of this is what we have planned.  We made a fun memory with will be filed under Covid-19 alternate plans for birthday.

Mick and his friends sang it best on One World Together At Home last week.  



1965

No comments:

Post a Comment