Wednesday, September 18, 2019

The Art Teacher and the Snow Cone Shed that Became a Dog House or Dog Cave?


Art ๐ŸŽจteachers will so get this.  When you are an art ๐ŸŽจteacher, you can pretty much make anything cool.  I mean, can we put lipstick ๐Ÿ’„on a pig๐Ÿท or what?  Well, my husband had huge faith in his art teacher wifey's abilities.

Here is how the story went down.

Storytime!  Storytime!  Storytime!  ๐Ÿ“™๐Ÿ“˜๐Ÿ“—๐Ÿ“•

My hubs says after church⛪ one Sunday, "Do you want to go look at a doghouse that I found for Barley and Blue?"  I was all about a road trip after church⛪.  We drove about 10 miles to Fort Valley and rode around this lot with prefab sheds and such.  We drove up to this:


I thought, well it is cute, but it has to be repainted.  Now, keep in mind I had been painting murals at school all summer.  My painting arm was tired.  As I walk around the shed I see this:


Oh. My. Word.  My hubs want to turn a Snow Cone Shed into a doghouse.  I thought to myself, can't we just buy a normal doghouse like most folks.  I mean, not only is it a Snow Cone Shed, it is a dang mansion of a doghouse.  Lord Have Mercy.

What happened next?  Well, below↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ you see a picture of what I find in my yard one afternoon. Yup.  I live in a nice, quiet neighborhood where there really is no outside traffic, but LOTS of KIDS.  Now, I have a dang Snow Cone Shed in my yard.  All the neighborhood kids are going to be lined up asking for strawberry and grape snow cones from Paiyton's Place and J-Scott's Spot Shed.

You may think I am lying.  L๐Ÿ‘€K!  I tell you.  THIS IS MY BACKYARD.  There are my green trees.  There is my pinestraw and my sky that I share with everybody.  My yard, I tell ya.


Quickly, I get the paint out because I do not have time to be making snow cones.  School is starting and I am BUSY!  Well, now I am busy painting a Snow Cone Shed that will be Barley and Blue's Dog Cave.



Finally, I got the Dog Cave looking more like a doghouse.  Well, not really cause a doghouse looks like this↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓:


Or if super nice, like this↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓:


NOT THIS↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓!




Of course, my hubs decided to order special doors from Amazon that open up into the pen or into the yard.  Barley is digging his Dog Cave↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓.


Blue is digging his Dog Cave, too.  He loves his buddy, Barley.



Honestly, this story is pretty much how we roll.  Just find potential in whatever and make good stuff happen.  

Hey, I got a blog post out of it.  You may have gotten at least one giggle.  Maybe some of you could even relate to this and realized that you were not the only kooky people in the world.

I really want this Blue Roan English Cocker Spaniel that is a girl.
L๐Ÿ‘€K, isn't she precious?


It is weird to tell ya this, but I want to name her Bertha and call her Bertie.  
I have been talking about Bertie for 2 years.  
I have done Bertie art.
I have posted Bertie on Facebook and everybody thought I got a new dog.
I think anytime there is a special holiday that Bertie is going to show up.
Still, no Bertie.
You may say, why don't you just get a Bertie?
Well, my hubs thinks that his dog (Barley) and my son's dog (Blue) are enough.
๐Ÿ˜ž
One day, me and Bertie going to be hanging at the Dog Cave eating dog treats and snow cones.

I love this song.  I loved it as a child.  I still love it now.
It is about a dog named Boo, not Bertie.



1965

No comments:

Post a Comment