Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Alligators & Oil Pastels, CHOMP!

I saw this lesson on Instagram and I thought, I LOVE IT!  

Creds go to Joanne Cook.  She is an elementary art teacher.  
Instagram:  mrscook_teaches.art

I was trying to figure out how to teach this and I decided to incorporate Science in this lesson.  I thought, "What is the difference between an alligator and a crocodile?"  
I looked it up and found this great video on Youtube.
The guys doing the video were great and my third graders were really interested in finding out the differences!

How did this go down?

The kids practiced drawing alligators or crocodiles.
Then, they drew alligators or crocodiles.
They went over drawings with oil pastel.
Then, they painted with liquid watercolor.

LšŸ‘€K!
šŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠšŸŠ








Thanks to Joanne Cook for inspiring this lesson!
Hope you love it as much as we did!

šŸ’š, 1965

No comments:

Post a Comment