Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Zentangled Letters

Zentangle letters was an easy first of year project for 5th Grade.
 
Directions:
 
I gave kids a copy of the alphabet.  The printout had letters bold so kids could easily look and draw. 
 
Kids used a pencil to draw letters.  I did not let the kids use rulers.  The project was not a "draw the best letter that you ever drew in your life" project.  I just wanted kids to get a decent letter, doodle, and reflect.
 
Once they got the letter drawn in pencil, they outlined the letter with a sharpie and begin their doodling.
 
As always, the zentangle project was a very relaxing project for the kids.
 
I had thought the homeroom teacher would enjoy having these to hang in her room for the first few weeks of school.  I had assumed that the students would use the letter that started their first or last name.  Nope.  I actually had some students that just picked a random letter.  Sometimes you just gotta say, "whatevs" and move on.
 









 
Throwback to The Jackson 5 and ABC
 

 
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment