- watercolored with brown-zy and gold-zy colors on 8x12 piece of white paper
- Once this dried kids had to cut out and glue behind face
- I had body, face and ears cut out
- Kids had to glue head to mane
- Kids had to glue ears on (hee hee some of them are priceless!)
- Kids had to glue the body to the head
- Then we had to add detail to the face (My oh my....some of them were a HOOT!)
- They added texture to the body with crayons creating a "fur" effect
- Some wanted to add jewelry...so they did!
- Our Lions are definitely mixed media, but turned out super cute and fun to make! They will make an awesome backdrop for the K Circus!
Story #2: First grade girl at clean up time in art today. She says to me. "Mrs. Daniel, I got a joke for ya" I say, "oh yeah". She tells me the joke. JOKE: Why did Cinderella get kicked off the soccer team? Me: ???? I don't know? Why? Punchline: Well, Mrs. Daniel Cinderella kept running from the BALL! (get it?) LOL
2 Side Stories....When daughter of 1969 was 4 years old. We lived in Tallahassee. ...Trace Adkins had this song...called One Hot Mama. Well, Mary Frances bust out in the car one day on the way home from school....Mama...You are ONE WART HOG Mama! No kidding! (Can you say, maybe she was thinking of the Lion King Cartoon???) Priceless....In previous post, We told you that we do love music in our family...Ok, here is another one....MF (short for Mary Frances, especially these days when we text!) was like 3 years old. We still lived in Peachtree City, GA. On the way home from church (Fayetteville Methodist Church), we are jamming out in car. She is singing Wilson Picket's famous song...Mustang Sally. Yep, we hear her and we are like...hum....are those the words??? Nope, she was just a singing MUSTARD and SALAD instead of Mustang Sally.....bhahahahahahahahahaha!
Oki Doki, Thanks for stopping by - we are lovin' life on our magically delicious art journey! Kim, 1969