Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ceramic Keepsakes

Ok, so does this just say it all in the form of Keepsakes? I have tiles and plates in this post that we have made. I even have my tiles from 1973 and 1974! Yep, I sure do. My Kindergarten teachers (Mrs. Naomi Posey & Mrs. Jean Davis) made these in class with us at the First Baptist Church of Butler, GA! My mom took good care of them and when I married they became my property.  So here is a shout out to Mrs. Naomi, Mrs. Jean and My Mama ("GA")...Thank You!  These hand-print tiles are priceless and don't cost very much. The butterfly feet prints are so sweet to do for a Daddy and it goes with that song and book Butterfly Kisses

So the fish is a platter measuring like 14 x 14 inches. We just finished it. It is going to be presented to our school head on Monday at HCES. The platter has all of the thumb-prints of each lower school child on it. We painted it for her and on the back wrote the Fish Philosophy on it. We blogged about that in a previous post. Click, here, to see the post on FISH! Anywhooooo, I knew Mother's Day / Father's Day was coming up and thought I would do a quick post on these! This type of Keepsake activity / lesson can be performed on paper too! 

I hope you found this helpful! Thanks for stopping by....1969 - Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment