Thursday, November 15, 2018

The Pumpkin Sub Lesson with 3 Corner Suns AND MY Poor Oil Pastels

Oh boy.  I mean, I appreciate subs, but...  I had a humdinger recently.

Here is how it went down...
I had left the example.
Actually, I had left 16 examples that the second grade class had done earlier in the week.
I mean, wouldn't you think 16 flipping examples would be enough? šŸ˜£
On top of examples, I left clear directions.  These babies were typed, y'all!
I get back to find šŸ˜” a large mess.
First, my new oil pastel box is in shambles.  
Those babies were looking at me like, why did you allow this to happen?
THE PAPER WAS 11 X15 SO  YOU KNOW THE OIL PASTEL USAGE WAS MAX.
Then, oh my Mylanta, the CORNER SUNS!!!!

Have a lšŸ‘€k.  Don't cry šŸ˜­ like I did.






So, yeah.  I did not get the art that I wanted, but I guess I got a warm body.  And, a warm body was what I needed.  Mick nailed it.

1965

2 comments:

  1. I never leave "real projects" for a sub. I found some terrific print outs over on Art of Education that are finish the page that I use exclusively. They just challenge the kids to pull up some imagination and turn circles into identifiable objects or triangles or squares. You get the idea. I only leave crayons and drawing pencils. No supplies ruined, too badly, and no lessons that I feel like I need to reteach. Sometimes the work will truly surprise me but usually it turns into busy work.

    ReplyDelete