Thursday, November 22, 2018

A New Tradition For Our Friendsgiving "Pumpkin Blessings"

There is a new tradition at our "Friendsgiving"! Check it out. (All you artsy followers, I am sure you can come up with your own spin for this post) We are that family that lives out of town from our immediate family members, so we have to travel and do 2 or 3 meals during each Holiday to make the rounds and see everyone. We always end up back on our street with our friends who are like family on those specific holidays like Thanksgiving. This year this art project was a hit.
Two's Company sells these pumpkins. They are white  with a sticker on the front. We all took turns with a Sharpie and wrote what we are Thankful for on the pumpkin. Get the idea? 
I think you could use different colored markers for each year until the pumpkin is fully covered.
Are you inspired? I am. I think I might try to find a few foam filled pumpkins and paint them myself for next year. My head is swirling with so many ideas...
Family and friends was a hit all over. You can see we have a college kid among us with that KD message.



We love our family that is spread all over, but it is nice to celebrate our holiday at home in our hood.
Friendsgiving is a real thing - see video below.


We are that age that we grew up with Charlie Brown. This is a classic and takes us all back to televisions with no remotes or cable T.V.

We have over come many obstacles in our past, but hey...that is what friends are for, right? They listen, redirect and help you get focus when in crisis. They also celebrate the good times with love and lots of laughter.

We love to sing and dance. We have songs about everything...from Chicago to Doodles =)

I guess, what I am trying to say is that I am so thankful for my family and friends and for all of the memories that we have together.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment