Saturday, May 20, 2023

Elaine Cochran Memorial Art Award - Come Together Art Exhibition, 2023


Well, here we are for our second annual Elaine Cochran Memorial Art Award. I was very happy for this years recipient!. Emily Hawken is a super talented young lady and our mama would have loved her artsy goodness. She has a hippie attitude and beats to her own drum - just like the way we were raised. I am not going to lie, I miss good ole' "Elaine P" each and every day. This was a heart smile for me as we were able to recognize my very sweet mama. You see my mama loved arts and crafts. She was always dabbling in different mediums. She supported 1965 and I with all of our crazy artsy ideas. We learned from her and tried to instill this into her 3 grand kids - Callie, Rob and Mary Frances.


To learn all about how this award started click the link below:








Of course Left Brain was here to support this event and he did love our mama! He actually was a lot like Elaine / "GA". "GA" was her grandma name.  He could have been her child =) Thanks, Dan for always showing up and being present for me!

Below is Emily's Art that won the award. My parents were into nature, so this was most appropriate. The clay pieces embody the love they both had for this medium. Did I mention that our mama could sew? She would have been very pleased that this piece had weaving in it too.

Looking forward to next year and seeing all the talent and who is chosen for this award.

1969


No comments:

Post a Comment