Thursday, February 25, 2021

Clyde Butcher Photography Contest with Gadsden Museum of Art

Want to learn more about this artists? If so check out his website https://clydebutcher.com/about-the-artist/bio/

How did he find his love of photography? Do you know? Well, it is all on his website. Check out Gadsden Arts Center and Museum. They have a wealth of information!

At Maclay School, we are fortunate to have a relationship with the Gadsden Museum of Art. They were so kind to send this information to us. This project was so successful, we are considering doing our own Photo Contest in conjunction with another event on campus. Stay tuned for that...

I was surprised when I introduced this to our students at how many way cool photos they had on their cell phones. Wow, I mean - very cool! I teach middle school and cell phones out in class are a big NO. But, I wrote this into my lesson plans and I am glad that I did!

During this pandemic, my schedule is not a normal one. I am a traveling art teacher using minimal supplies. This is a positive as I have tapped into a medium that I want to keep in the middle school curriculum. So, thanks Covid 19 for this, Ha!

Below are a two submissions from a few of my students. We have had many enter the contest, but these were just really impressive and I wanted to share them here. I think Rainy and Elise both did a jam up job on their entries...and they are both in 7th grade!



The information below was easy to follow. I screen shot and added here for you to see just how easy it is to work with this Museum!

The link is here to learn more about them:

Student Photo Competition Black & White Nature Photography


 


Thanks for stopping by and if you get a chance check out Clyde and the Gadsden Art Museum, you will be glad you did!






No comments:

Post a Comment