Thursday, September 28, 2017

Repeat Pattern Watercolor


Pattern in art and design is the repetition of lines, shapes, tones, colors, textures and forms. I think our US Art Teacher did a fabulous job at teaching this lesson.

What is Repetition, Pattern, and Rhythm?

What is repetition, pattern, and rhythm?  How do they relate to each other?
Repetition refers to one object or shape repeated; pattern is a combination of elements or shapes repeated in a recurring and regular arrangement; rhythm--is a combination of elements repeated, but with variations.

Repetition

Repetition is an object, form, or figure that is repeated.

Pattern

Pattern is a combination of elements or shapes repeated in a recurring and regular arrangement.

Rhythm

What is Rhythm?
Rhythm is like pattern, in that the same elements (i.e.shape, line) are repeated; however, with rhythm there are slight variations in the pattern. Rhythm is easily perceived but complex and subtle. Think of  water on a beach; it  continually breaks on the shore in lines that are repeated,  yet each one is different.








Take it away... Bob Ross

I believe, I believe everyday's a good day when you paint I believe, I believe it'll bring a lot of good thoughts to your heart I believe, I believe everyday's a good day when you paint I believe, I believe it'll bring a lot of good thoughts to your heart Let's build a happy little cloud Let's build some happy little trees There are no limits here Start out by believing here You can almost paint with anything All you have to do is practice There are no limits here Start out by believing here This is your world You're the creator Find freedom on this canvas Believe that you can do it Cause you can do it Give it a little touch Give it a little push Make love to the canvas Give it a little touch Give it a little push push Caress it, very gentle Grab it, lift it, fluff it You can go on and on and on Back and forth, back-back and forth Layer after layer after layer Let's build a happy little cloud Let's build some happy little trees There are no limits here Start out by believing here This is your world You're the creator Find freedom on this canvas Believe that you can do it Cause you can do it Relax, let it flow Think like water Relax, let it flow You can go on and on and on We don't make mistakes We just have happy accidents You can do anything that you wanna do Total power. Sing along Have a good time Dudu du du du dudu du du du dudu du dudu du du du Dudu du du du dudu du du du dudu du du du This is your world You're the creator Find freedom on this canvas Believe that you can do it Cause you can do it That you can do it I believe, I believe everyday's a good day when you paint I believe, I believe it will bring a lot of good thoughts to your heart I believe, I believe everyday's a good day when you paint I believe, I believe it will bring a lot of good thoughts to your heart

1969

No comments:

Post a Comment