Friday, September 29, 2017

A Golden Art Project - Gustav Klimt!


I saw Gustav Klimt's art at the Neue Galerie in New York City during the NAEA Convention 2017 (For that post, Click HERE.)  Also, I watched The Woman in Gold on Netflix.  I just could not get Klimt's Gold out of my head. We posted on Gustav Klimt in the past. (Click HERE.)  After many months, a project possibility popped into my head!  
Here we go!

Directions:

We watched Woman in Gold!!!   Yes, my 8th graders really enjoyed the movie.  We spent 3 class periods watching the movie, but the kid's learned about some art and history.  I was amazed at their questions about the movie.  The kids connected and felt empathy for the Bloch-Bauer family and let out a loud cheer when Maria Altman's paintings were returned. 

Okay, now the project! 

1-Use the Elmer's Glue to crank out some designs.  Then, let the Elmer's dry.




2-Once the glue dries, get outside and spray the art gold!


3-When the gold spray paint dries, begin painting with acrylic paint.

A little paint, here.
More paint, here.
All of the paint, here.

















Honestly, I love this project.  The kids absolutely loved the project.  
Also, I love this Klimt quote.  

Ending with "Heart of Gold" with Neil Young.  


1965

No comments:

Post a Comment