Thursday, December 10, 2015

Super Cool Colorful DOGS (aNiMaLs)

 
I am now in Q2 of first semester classes. This round of kids ended up painting lots of dogs. See Q1 post on animal portraits below:
 I think these are some of the most inspiring DOG portraits from our Maclay Middle School students. Wow, how I approached the lesson...We looked at some picture references of animals. I wanted the kids to push themselves and not just make a black dog black. I was super excited for kids to use mixed media on this lesson. Ya know the more you teach a lesson the more relax you get with specifics and when that happens you can see the CREATIVITY sore in your art room!!! This year I am really trying to incorporate many Elements and Principles of Art in each lesson. I feel like these 4 examples nailed what I was trying to accomplish in more ways than one! Kids used watercolor, tempera paint, acrylic paint, markers and construction paper. Fun Lesson to SHARE!
1969
 

No comments:

Post a Comment