Friday, September 11, 2015

Dots like Vashti Did

Dot Day is September 15. 
 
What is Dot Day?  How did it start?
International Dot Day, a global celebration of creativity, courage and collaboration, began when teacher Terry Shay introduced his classroom to Peter H. Reynolds' book The Dot on September 15, 2009.
 
 Peter H. Reynolds wrote The Dot.
For information about Peter Reynolds, go here http://www.peterhreynolds.com/
 
To sign up for the Dot Day celebration, go here http://www.thedotclub.org/dotday/
 
What brought me to doing this project?
I just loved the gold frame around Vashti's dot in The Dot
So, I decided to trace a big frame using the Epson projector on 12" x 18" sheet of paper.
Then, I ran copies on 12" x 18" paper.
Easy enough, I tell you.
Directions

Show The Dot movie (3:45) on the big screen.



Then, kids need to sign their work. (I know, kind of backwards, but whatever)
Next, I told kids to paint dots.
Last, I told kids to paint the frames.


Here we go!
 

















Ever heard The Dot Song?
Here it is!


1965

No comments:

Post a Comment