Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Middle School Skiing into Elizabeth Langreiter ART!


Ever heard of the Australian artist Elizabeth Langreiter?  I had not, but I saw this art and loved it for a winter project.  Click HERE for Elizabeth Langreiter website

L👀k! ↓


I decided to do a spin on Elizabeth Langreiter Art.

Here is how it went down.

I gave the kids a small canvas board.
The kids put a lot of white paint on the board.
The kids used Q-tips in the  to make "ski tracks" in the snow.

The "snow" (ha) had to dry.

The kids used pipe cleaners to make skiers.
I didn't give much direction.  I wanted them to think and try to make the skiers on their own.  Thinking is good.

For the skis, the kids cut a craft stick in half with scissors.  Then, they sanded it with sandpaper to round off the edges.
Once they get the skis sanded, they colored the skis with markers.

We used a glue gun to glue everything together.

L👀KIE!










Here is how I chose to display the art.👇


And that is that!

💚, 1965



 

No comments:

Post a Comment