Saturday, January 21, 2023

Valentine Paper Mache Face

Teaching Middle School, sometimes I get to have a student for all 3 years and really get to know them. Just like this student. The Soul Sisters were even able to have her in one of our summer camps. All Links to 2 Soul Sisters Fun Folk Art Camp 2021 (Just in time for you to help plan your summer camp) Well, we made 3D paper mache mask. I could tell she was processing on how to design hers. Then she approached me and had some very out of the box thinking. She wanted to just paint the lips. I am like, Ok, tell me more. What is your "WHY?" 

Her reason was that mom collected faces. She wanted to create this face for her with a minimalistic look as only design the lips in a leopard / Cheetah look print. She sold me. I think it turned out super nice. She was even able to hair dry them. Find a box in our Upper School Art Room to wrap her gift to mom in for her birthday this weekend.

So, how is that for ending a crazy week on a delightful studio art story?


Love This! xoxo 1969






💚, 1969

No comments:

Post a Comment