Monday, December 9, 2019

The Elf on the Shelf Clay Art Project


For some reason, I wanted for my kids to make Elf on a Shelf elves out of clay.  I thought it would be a fun project for them during the holiday season.  I knew it would be a little difficult, but with some teacher support and guidance, I felt pretty confident that my 8th grade artists could rock the project.  They have always been a very talented group of kids.

Directions:

I kept the directions simple.  
I showed the kids some pictures of the Elf on a Shelf elves in different positions.
I told the kids to "own it" and some did just that.
Once they got the elves formed, I fired in the kiln.
Then, they painted with acrylic paint.
Then, I sprayed with clear coat a few times to get the elves shining!

L👀K!








I hope you like my shining elves.  Now here is "Shining Star" by Earth, Wind, and Fire.  If you like this song, God make you funky like these elves!



1965

No comments:

Post a Comment