Wednesday, October 9, 2019

All About Jim and Janis and Their Hearts


The Fourth Grade๐Ÿ‘ฆ๐Ÿ‘ง did their own "take" on Jim Dine hearts๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ. I love how they turned out.  I would be hanging these in my house๐Ÿก if I were a fourth grade mama๐Ÿ‘ฉ or daddy๐Ÿ‘จ.  I have not been a fourth grade mama๐Ÿ‘ฉ in a long time.

Directions:

We talked about Jim Dine and his hearts๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ.
I showed a video or 2 from YouTube.  Click HERE for a basic Pop Art and Jim Dine video.  It is very kid๐Ÿ‘ฆ๐Ÿ‘ง friendly.
Kids used liquid watercolor in the background.
Then, the kids painted hearts๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ with acrylic.
I think we got a wide variety of heart art and I LIKE IT.

L๐Ÿ‘€K!










Love Jim.  Love Janis.

I read up on Janis.  I watched an interview when she was on Dick Cavett Show.  (Click HERE for video)  She had a rough time.  She was bullied.  She did not fit in at her high school.  She struggled with drugs.  She majored in ART.  ART could not save her, though.  The mean people won and the nice folks lost a lot of good music that could have been.  She died at the age of 27.  Jimi Hendrix died at the age of 27 just 16 days before Joplin.  Yup, crazy huh?  


1965

No comments:

Post a Comment