Monday, November 7, 2016

Puttin' on the Coatz in Med School

Medical School...This past weekend, I learned that medical school for first year students is referred to as "drinking from a fire hose".  The key is to drink from a fire hose without drowning.  

As a mom of a first year medical school kid, I truly believe that doctors are called to their profession.  The dedication from day one of their freshman year in undergrad is imperative.  The students are required to give up some fun experiences to study.  Eighteen years old is a young age to be making decisions that will determine your ability to pursue your life long dream in the field of medicine.  

Of course, I had to include some art for my daughter for her special coat received at the white coat ceremony.  Have a look.

Directions:
I sanded down a coat hanger.
I pulled and twisted the original piece of wire on the hanger until it became loose.
I painted the coat hanger white.
I purchased of the easily bendable wire from Hobby Lobby.
I made the words 1st White Coat with the wire.
I drilled 2 screws in the coat hanger.
I tied the wire on with colored jewelry wire.

A Big HATS OFF to these students that Put the Coatz ON!  
Congrats!

Why did I title the blog, "Puttin' on the Coatz"?  Well, "Putting on the Ritz" was a song written and published in 1929 by Irving Berlin.  The title comes from the slang expression "puttin' on the ritz" meaning to dress fashionably.  The expression was inspired by the fancy Ritz Hotel.

Here is a great flash mob video with the Russians dancing to "Puttin' on the Ritz."

1965

No comments:

Post a Comment