Friday, September 22, 2017

Using Astronaut Helmets for Science and Art Integration

We have done paper mache lots!

Here's a lesson that we did making bowls.  Click HERE for How to Make Paper Mache Bowls

We turned the paper mache bowl project into a lesson about outer space and Astronauts!  

This lesson was to use paper mâché strips and create a bowl using a balloon as the sculptural base. Did these 2 kiddos do that? Yep, if you turn their helmets over. You see in this lesson I had goals and expectations for my curriculum. They took the lesson and created something that they were interested in...just how cool is that?


I like to connect with other art teachers on the world wide web for my personal learning community. So, I do this via the blog, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter. After I posted this, a really way super cool thing happened. You can see in the screen shot comments below.



I have to admit this was one of the most fun lessons to teach this year. Yes, it was messy...but so worth it to see what all the students would create. Below you will find other details from the 2 helmets.










Thanks for stopping by...1969

\

No comments:

Post a Comment