Thursday, January 21, 2016

Hearts with Acrylic Paint

4th Grade Heavy Acrylic Hearts

Directions:
Share a little information about Jim Dine, or not.
Get kids to cut out a heart.
Get kids to tape the heart on an 11 x 14 piece of paper.
Challenge kids to put paint on the paper...Seriously, I said to some of them, "Are you scared of the paint?"  With this question, they slapped in on!
We let the background dry until the next art class.
On the next class period, we peeled the taped heart off the middle of the paper.
I literally squirted the colors of their choice on their paper.
They filled in the heart and told me, "You gave me too much paint."
I of course said, "Never, my sweet child.  You can never have to much paint, sweet child."
Then, highlights were quickly added with oil pastels.

Here are the results.  They definitely have some pop.


Kids are awesome.  They really are AWESOME.  I am exposed from age 4 years old to 18 years olds on a daily basis.  I feel like all of the kids at The Westfield School are sweet children of mine.
And here is Guns N' Roses with "Sweet Child O' Mine." 

1965

No comments:

Post a Comment