Friday, April 12, 2024

Tulips and Patterns

 















Have you ever heard of Noemi Ibarz? Here is a little information about her. Noemi Ibarz is an artist from Spain who makes amazing paintings. She mixes colors and shapes to make pictures that look like dreams! Sometimes, she uses oils and other things to add texture to her art. Noemi's paintings make people think about who they are and what they feel. She is becoming really famous around the world because of her beautiful and creative artwork. She uses more than one medium on her paintings. Which brings me to this mixed media blog post.

I signed up to receive emails from The Glitter Bomb. The link to the Soul Sparklettes is below. Check it out. Pretty cool network. That is where this idea came from in my email at just the right time. I needed a back up substitute lesson as I needed to attend a funeral. This one worked great. I liked it so much I did it with all sections of my 6th grade wheel classes.

https://www.soulsparklettes.com/theglitterbombshop/

If you want to see more of her original work you can scope it out on Etsy below.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/NIMonETSY

I really focused on the patterns on the tulip petals for this lesson. Yes, it was mixed media. You can take this lesson and make it into many different avenues that you are trying to cover in your curriculum. Students will learn about patterns in visual arts by examining the intricate designs found on tulip petals. They will create mixed media artwork inspired by these patterns, exploring various techniques and materials. This lesson plan can be adapted and expanded to suit various grade levels and curriculum objectives. As we near the end of the year, I would definitely suggest you give a variation of this lesson a try, it was worth it and the students did like the end results.

1969


No comments:

Post a Comment