Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Jim Dine Peace Sign


Did you know that Jim Dine painted a peace ☮ sign with watercolor?  I did not!  I was excited šŸ˜ to find this treasure.  As I researched, I found that I could own this piece of art for $4,000-$5,000.  Here is the info posted about the art:
Signed Jim Dine Watercolor on Paper. Signed in pencil šŸ–‰ bottom right. Unframed, mounted to matting. Paper is 23 3/4" H x 18" W. Paper is in good condition and hinged to matting on top with tape. Paper looks to be out of a spiral notebook.  Marked on back in pencil 9332.  (Click here for website)

Who doesn't love Jim Dine and a Peace ☮ Sign?  The kids šŸ‘§šŸ‘¦ really enjoyed this project.  I let this splatter a bit and that really ticked their tock!

Directions:

Kids learned a little about Jim Dine.
Kids used pencil to draw a peace ☮ sign.
Kids went over the peace ☮ sign with charcoal.
Kids smeared the charcoal a tad with paper towels or a finger .
Then, we used liquid watercolor for the final splash of color.

LšŸ‘€K!







Jim Dine always good.  Peace always good.  O.A.R. always good.


1965

No comments:

Post a Comment