Monday, January 7, 2019

Lainey Wins! Lainey Wins! Lainey Wins!

My fifth grade student, Lainey šŸ‘§, participated in the Heart ❤of Georgia county-wide art šŸŽØ contest to paint a ceiling tile for the inpatient care facility at the local hospital šŸ„.  She was up against all the 1st-5th graders in our county.  She was selected as the overall winner šŸ† in the entire county!  I am so proud of Lainey!  Also, I am thankful to Heart of Georgia Hospice for providing our students with this awesome opportunity to create artwork to be displayed for patients to view.  Kudos to all šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘!

Have a lšŸ‘€k at a close-up of the final product! 


LšŸ‘€k at me and Lainey as she is being presented with her blank ceiling tile!


LšŸ‘€k at Lainey getting her medal!


LšŸ‘€k at Lainey displaying her artwork in front of all the other artwork that had been entered into the contest!


LšŸ‘€k at this sweet child and her big smile!


I was so tickled Lainey was chosen the winner!  Lainey's mom, Lynne, loves art too!  Like mother, like daughter!  The apple šŸŽ doesn't fall far from the tree.  Recently, Lynne send me this video of Lainey making art.  LšŸ‘€K!


So, what did the final work look like?  
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓


Wowza, huh?

I have been teaching Lainey for 5 years.  Lynne, her mom, has been teaching her since birth.  Lainey has no idea how lucky she is to have found her love so early in life.  I feel certain that Lainey is headed for SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) Click here for SCAD info! This beautiful, red-headed child is going to rock everybody's world with her art!  Love ❤ my kids loving ART šŸŽØ!

Lainey, WE all WANNA ROCK WITH YOU!  We are looking forward to what you create!  Great job, little friend!

1965

No comments:

Post a Comment