Friday, July 14, 2017

Let's Twist!


Grandparents' Day is huge at my school.  I have lots of posts on this production.  Click HERE for other post about Grandparents' Day at Westfield School in Perry, Georgia.

Second Grade's song this year was "Let's Twist" by Chubby Checker.  To go along with such a fun song, I had the kids do this art activity.  The teachers loved hanging this art in their classrooms for the big day!

Directions:
Prep work: I found jukebox clip art and ran it off on thicker paper. (not copy machine paper)
I took the kids picture doing the twist.

When the kids came in to do the project, I explained that they had to paint a room for their jukebox.  The kids penciled in their ideas.
The kids painted.

After the painting was dry, I glued the picture of them twisting.

Fun!

You know what song, right?

1965

No comments:

Post a Comment