- I had the students look at a still life of assorted bottles.
- We then discussed how to draw them on 12 x 18 white drawing paper.
- Draw basic shapes first.
- They were to draw at-least 5 lines over their still life that was already drawn in pencil.
- Those five lines could be vertical, horizontal or diagonal.
- Once that was complete, they chose a color to help create the abstract'ish hard-edged still life.
- It was interesting watching them choose which shapes to color in to get some of the bottles to stand out.
- We used Mr. Sketch scented markers for this lesson.