Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Doodling and do da....

by Karen #1965 third grade teacher...so doodles are in...you got the google doodle...which is spontaneous changes that are made to the Google logo to celebrate holidays, anniversaries, and the lives of famous artists, pioneers, and scientists...Like the famous Keith Haring done by Luke Westaway for Google Doodle...Check it out...
Here is a video of CNET's favs
kinda cool

A great new tool for doodling is the boogie board...Have you tried these?...have a lookie...
oh yeah...we can throw it back to this....etch a sketch...old skl...good stuff tho....
Occasionally, i get stuck in meetings...and when I do, I doodle.  

Today, I taught a lesson on doodling.  First, I told them the story of my love of doodling.  I told them I did not know who taught me to doodle, but I love it.  I showed them my doodles.

I told them the doodle below was a 15 minute doodle.

Next, the 30 minute doodle...


 And now for the 60 minute + doodle...


Honestly, I begin doodling as soon as our faculty meeting gets going.  As the meeting progresses, I actually hold the doodle up for the principal to see.  Hey...Just trying to give a visual to the boss lady!

After a little personalization, (personalizing is a must in teaching...if you can't get personal, get on the road) I showed the kids 2 youtube videos...Just kinda played a bit and fast fwd...otherwise...dull!  

Then I said.....Draw your doodle...
Rules:
1-need six spaces to draw six different doodles
2-told them to not cross lines
3-told them to leave room for a small red heart in each of the 6 doodle spaces
here we go....






really cool little art for a cool and rainy afternoon...I really think I may have hooked some life-long doodlers...I heard one kid say, "I didn't know I could doodle."
I just love my kids....

let me end with the doodle song.....

but not really
cause I am not into the doodle song

and I am not into Bruno Mars
but
I am into my son's no-name band playing a little MGMT "Kids" 

2 comments:

  1. I'll try to remember to bring you some paper and a pen when I start talking at the next Bal meeting!! :)

    ReplyDelete