Thursday, March 30, 2017

Hats ON to The Snowboys and The Snowgirls

Well, we had a chance of snow in Georgia, but it did not snow.  ðŸ˜¢  With a sad class, I decided that we would make our own snow and snowmen in Art!  The first graders were pretty darn excited.

Directions:
The kids painted snow on light blue construction paper.
The kids painted a snowman shape on the paper.
The following week, the kids used oil pastels to put hats and other decorations on their snowmen.

The way I look at it, the first graders got 2 days of snow.  Sure, it was in art, but they still had lots of fun making their snowmen.



If you lived in Georgia, you would understand the excitement when the weatherman says it is going to snow.  The word "snow" almost closes down schools.  The kids are excited.  The parents are excited and run to the grocery store.  I am not lying, folks.  Do not make fun of us.  We do not get snow but maybe every 5 years.  When we do get snow, it is only about 2 inches, if we are lucky.  It is okay, though.  I like my state.  I can be in the mountains in 3 hours or at the beach in 3 hours.  It's a cool place to live. (Not cool enough for snow, apparently.😂)
I am ending with The Rolling Stones, "You Can't Always Get What You Want".
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment