Saturday, August 31, 2024

Bertie, the Art Room Therapy Dog

 

Here's Bertie!  She is our art room therapy dog!  Kids stop by all the time to get some kisses from Bertie.  Teachers do too!  

Here's my silly girl and my sweet grandbaby at the beach.


How did this go down?

I began by drawing basic dog shapes on a large piece of paper while the kids followed along. (circles, ovals)

I emphasized drawing the eyes and nose extra big so you would be able to see the spots.

The kids got creative, adding spots and unique details to give their dogs personality.

They painted the backgrounds with warm colors to make their artwork pop!

L👀KIE!
















Bertie is a bit of a legend around here! After every art class, I choose one student to receive a special sticker with Bertie’s picture on it. We call it the "Bertie Award." Check it out

👇👇👇👇👇👇


Whatever it takes, I tell ya! It may not be a dog and pony show, but it's definitely a Bertie dog show!

Ruff, Ruff!

💚1965

No comments:

Post a Comment