Saturday, December 12, 2020

Guided Self-Portraits

Last May, I met our PK Director and Lower School Art Teacher up at the school. These portraits were shared with us from a lesson in PK. They were too fabulous not to share with you all here. Stacey is the Director of PK and crazy fun fact she was my daughter's PK4 teacher when we first moved from Atlanta to Tallahassee. You can see a recent picture of them at the bottom. Mary Frances and the LS Art Teacher- Cathy, have a quirky relationship that involves lots of laughter and one specific drive home from Jacksonville, Florida....the comedy of errors that took place really could have been a Seinfeld episode! I giggle just thinking about it.

We always say that students need a village to raise them, well, I have needed that same village to help me through parenting experiences that they have already navigated. I guess, plain and simple...here is the best example: about 10 years ago Stacey and I were chatting on campus and she said to me..."Kim, You are the busiest you will ever be with in your life with teaching, sports, activities, church and family. It is going to be that way until Mary Frances turns 16." OH. My. Word. She was right! That one sentenced resonated with me. About 4 years later, Cathy was feeling some of the same feels that I had at that "season" in my life with kids, sports, aging parents, life, job, working full time and just how to make it all happen. I passed along the same advice. Now, both of her kids are driving and she is thriving. (even in the middle of a pandemic) Moving forward to the present. Stacey has 2 college grads. Mary Frances in now a senior with one semester to go at Rhodes College and Cathy has 1 in college and 1 in high school. Moral of this story you will get through it, but you too need a village!

I guess this post just hit home with me as I value my kid's teachers that she has had along the way. She has a village and by default I do too! God placed some of the most wise people in her path. And, I am so grateful for each and everyone of them. How does this tie in to an Art Education Blog? Well, it is all in the details. Stacey guided these portraits one on one for specific details. I believe this to be true in teaching and raising your own children or just helping your students grow up to be productive kind citizens with the trait of Kindness and Empathy. 

Take a look at these portraits below! I love all of the details! Don't you?





Below is "MISS HOUSTY" A dear blessing to our family in more ways than one!

Mary Frances is located below with Mrs. Hicks. Just looks at those grins. 2 peas in a pod I tell you....bahahahahahaha =)

 Thanks for stopping by
xo 1969

No comments:

Post a Comment