Saturday, October 31, 2020

Dr. Fauci, Dr. Ray, and the Coronavirus Pumpkin


My M.D. Daughter entered a Pumpkin Carving Contest in her pediatric residency program.  Guess who she carved?  Dr. Andrew Fauci!  Guess what else?  She won!

Every wondered about Dr. Fauci?
Covid-19 made him the most famous MD alive.
I decided to give a few facts.

1.  Born in Brooklyn, NY, in 1940
2.  Dad was a pharmacist
3.  His Grandparents were from Italy
4.  He is 5 ft 7 in, but managed to be captain of his high school basketball team
5.  Attended College of the Holy Cross and received a Bachelor of Arts degree with a pre-med track
6.  Medical School at Cornell University and graduation First in his Class!  Wowza!
7.  He is an immunologist and worked with infectious diseases like HIV/AIDS, SARS, swine flu pandemic, Ebola, and the current Covid-19
8.  He has 3 grown daughters, but here is a old pic of them
9-Dr. Fauci Fav Food?  He loves a perfectly al dente pasta, particularly with something like pesto or even meat sauce
10. And my Favorite Fact!  Get this art people!  I never saw this coming, but his maternal grandfather, Giovanni Abys, was born in Switzerland and was an artist, noted for landscape and portrait painting, magazine illustrations, as well as graphic design for commercial labels, including olive oil cans!  

Y’all, Art is important.  I am so thankful my daughter manages to draw and paint and create and be an MD.  If Fauci can paint, I do not know.  All I know is his family history connects him to ART and I cannot help but think the ART thing has impacted his life in his work as the Top Doc in the USA!

Happy Halloween!
1965

 

No comments:

Post a Comment