Monday, January 13, 2020

Westfield Trash Cans ARE POPPING WITH COLOR!



Ever painted 17 trash cans?  I did last spring.  How did this start?

I had been watching a class play on the playground and pondered how ugly the the trash cans were.  We tour families interested in attending our school around the campus.  The guests see these big, yellow, and dirty trash cans lurking everywhere.  I decided to paint one of these trash cans.  Then, another, and another, and another.  I was a trash can painting machine.  After 17, I stopped.  

The Process?

I cleaned the trash cans off with a little soap and water.  This was not fun.
Then, I put a base coat of flat white house paint on the trash can or Dick Blick Acrylic.  It was really whatever I grabbed and used.  Either was fine.  This was not fun.
Then, I put the art on the trash can with Dick Blick Acrylic paint.  This was pretty fun.  
Once I got the art on the trash can, I put a couple of coats of Modge Podge on the trash cans.  This was not fun.  

I guess you may think that it sounds like K Ray didn't have much fun doing this.  So you may think, well why did she do it?

Let me tell you.  The pops of color over campus have been fun!  The looks on the kids' faces when they saw the trash cans was fun.  When high school students came up to me and said the trash cans were cool!  Well, that was fun!  Guests on our campus have loved the painted trash cans.  That was fun, too!

My point is that sometimes you have to put in the work to have some fun.  Well, lots of times, you have to put in the work to have fun.  If YOU didn't put in the work to have fun, I can assure you that SOMEONE did.

LšŸ‘€K!

Unicorn

The Pigeon by Mo Willems

STIK

Andy Arhol

Scooby Doo Van

Ken Pease

Jackson Pollock

Hippie

Thierry Noir

Happy Birthday to YOU!

Fruity for the Lunchroom

Pop Art

Jasper Johns

Surreal

Flower Garden

WHS šŸ’—

Tie Dye

Doughnuts

Ernest Lee

My thoughts...

Find something to put some paint on to make it look better and make folks notice the difference ART makes in their lives.

Here's a cheesy end to a trashy post!


1965

No comments:

Post a Comment