Friday, March 1, 2019

Kathleen Carter, You are still inspiring us from a far...


Many of our Maclay students and faculty knew Kathleen Carter. If you knew her or knew of her then you KNOW just how much she loved art and teaching art. She was very influential in Tallahassee to many folks. We were all saddened to get the news of her passing. We decided what better way to celebrate her life than a painting of sunflowers. This is a one school painting created by our students.


We lost a dear friend and art guru here in Tallahassee a few weeks ago. We have blogged on her before as she was a true light to a creative path to everyone she met!


Links to more artsy about Kathleen:


When I moved to Tallahassee in 2003, Kathleen was one of my first art friends. I will forever be grateful for her guidance and friendship.


Kathleen was always willing to share with everyone.


Since her passing, I have had art students send me blog post and papers to read in honor of KC. What an amazing tribute! Here is a blog post from a former neighbor and student:




















Kathleen you will be missed. So many times I have wanted to pick up the phone and text you something funny...I am just glad to know that I have an artsy angel looking over all of us down here. Take that magical paintbrush and help make those stars just a wee bit brighter for us to see. 
xox miss you -

I can't go to Teds and not have a wedge salad and raise a toast to you and our many conversations over dinner or lunch there!






No comments:

Post a Comment