Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Printmaking- Animals & A Lava Lamp?

The 6th Graders enjoyed printmaking with Balsa Foam.  I have used Rubber and Gelli Plates.  I think the kids šŸ‘¦šŸ‘§ liked the Balsa Foam the best.  A class pack of 40 will run you about $50+.  It is a pricey project, but a winner!  The blocks we used were 4 1/2" x 6" x 1/2".  I bought these from Blick, but looks like they have sold out.  I did find them at United Art and Education.  Click HERE for the Balsa Foam Blocks.  I purchased the 40-count, 4-1/2 x 6 x 1/2" Blocks.  They look like this:
Directions:

I told the kids that I would like for them to carve animals.  We looked online for pictures of animals šŸ€šŸšŸˆšŸ‡šŸ†šŸ…šŸ„šŸƒšŸ‚šŸŽšŸšŸšŸ‘šŸ’šŸ“šŸ”šŸ•šŸ–šŸ—šŸ˜šŸ¢šŸ¤šŸ„šŸ¦šŸ§šŸØšŸ©šŸŖšŸ«šŸ­šŸ®šŸÆšŸ°šŸ±šŸ¼šŸ»šŸŗšŸ¹šŸøšŸ·šŸ¶šŸµšŸ“.  
Once they chose the animals, they made 3 drawings.  I picked the one that I thought was best for the project.  I enlarged each drawing to fit perfectly on the balsa foam.  (Yes, this took a minute, but it really helped the project run more smoothly)

Then, we watched this video:


Then, we watched this video:



The kids made 3 prints.  Once the prints were made, they wrote words with markers around each print.  
The 3 prints were then mounted on one sheet of paper.

LšŸ‘€K!









Oh man, I loved the lava lamp.  But...Is a Lava Lamp an Animal?  I love lava lamps and I love this sweet child o' mine, so we just went with it!


1965

No comments:

Post a Comment