Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Oh My! Those SCREAMING First Graders!

Oh yeah!  What better way to teach Edvard Munch's "The Scream" than to draw SCREAMING FIRST GRADERS?!?  

The first graders totally freaked out at Munch's art.  They thought it was super creepy.  I guess they are probably right, but it is a classic creepy!

Directions:

I showed the kids the real Munch "The Scream."
The kids screamed!
We talked about the warm and cool colors in the painting.
They drew.
They painted.

This is one of those lessons that you get your self portrait and your warm and cool colors teaching done.

Go me and my screaming first graders!

L👀K!











I have a song to share by the Ohio Players that was number 1 in January 1976.  I was 11.  Anyway, there was a rumor going around that in the scream you hear in the background was actually one of a murdered woman.  How gory is that?


1965

No comments:

Post a Comment