Friday, February 17, 2017

If You Are Happy and You Know It, Draw A Self Portrait!

Happy!  First Graders at The Westfield School are happy because they learned a little about drawing a self portrait.
How?
Directions:
I did a little prep work.  I looked up happy t-shirts and found this cute t-shirt.  I copied the shirt and put it in a word document.  Then, I printed out the size that I wanted.  Then, I cut out the shirt and pasted to a sheet of paper.  I drew in the arms and the neck.
The kids?
I talked to them about drawing a self portrait.  We spent a good bit of time examining each others' faces.  I explained where the eyes, the nose, mouth, and ears were located on the face.  The kids drew themselves.
They colored with crayons.
I mounted on a sheet of paper and wrote "Happy" and then, their names.
Have a look!
Here is Maroon 5 doing Pharrell's "Happy"
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment