Friday, February 24, 2017

Art Club Clay Owls and One R2D2

So, I saw this lesson on Mrs. Knight's Smartest Artists Art Education blog. See link http://dolvinartknight.blogspot.com/2012/11/clay-thumb-owl-sculptures-2nd-grade.html 
She saw it on Artsmudge another Art Education Blog http://www.artsmudge.com/2011/05/clay-thumb-owls/
I love sharing on connecting online with my Professional Learning Network. Even though we basically taught the same lesson all of the owls turned out very unique.
We used white clay. Greenware to bisque was at 04 on slow. Bisque to glaze firing was 06 on fast. We use Stroke N Coat glazes.



Side note, I love creating owls. 1965 and I were both Chi Omegas at the University of Georgia. Chi O symbol is an owl...so yeah, I am partial to this type of lesson with this subject matter ;)
Art Club is a less formal time for kids to create this year in class. We have it 2x a week during 8th period. I have placed several owl videos in the blog for kids to get a feel of just how owls act.

I had to laugh at my 1 R2D2. Directions were to create a clay owl. This guy wasn't feeling an owl, so he busted out some Star Wars. Ok, I can live with that...he turned out pretty cute! I just giggle everytime I think about it ...Happy Friday, 1969






No comments:

Post a Comment