Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Ornaments Too Big for a Tree!

First Grade made these very large ornaments.  I think this is one of their favorite projects so far this year. 

Directions: 
I traced the round part on the bottom of a stool that had fallen off one of the art room stools. (oh yeah, we can make art using anything) 
I drew a square on the top of the traced circle.
I traced and cut out 16 ornaments.

I laid out the 16 ornaments on the table.
The kids used sponges and dabbed the sponges into tempera cakes and painted the entire ornament ONE COLOR.
Then, they used liquid tempera and dabbed with spouncer sponges on the ornament.

Lastly, we painted silver across the top of ornaments.

and we were done!

Have a look!
 

When we were done, the kids were so excited that they had paint all over their hands.  They wanted to get a picture with their rainbow colored hands.  Unfortunately, we did not because the teacher's hands were rainbow painted and picture taking was not an option.  So folks, just use your imagination.  

Rolling Stones singing "Just my Imagination."


1965

No comments:

Post a Comment