Thursday, December 8, 2016

Fused Glass Ornaments (Middle School)


We have blogged before on fused glass with middle school kids:

How to organize glass:
have kids cut and score 
Then place the glass piece on a piece of mat board
Write name under it
When I load in kiln, I give it a number so I can remember where to place it when firing is complete.
Place on kiln shelf with kiln wash.
Fire at full fuse R3.
Take out and clean edges up with glass grinder.
Be sure to use a sponge and clean off kiln wash from the back.
Hot water works best.
Use the high fire kiln wire to add ribbon in for hanging on a tree or where ever one sees fit in their home.











When I add high fire kiln wire, I use Elmer's Glue and place another piece of glass over it so it will fuse to the glass itself.
Thanks for stopping by! 1969

No comments:

Post a Comment