Friday, December 9, 2016

Changing Hot Glue Into Stained Glass for Christmas


Ever used hot glue, let it cool, then colored it with sharpie?  Well, we did.  I read somewhere online (I wish I could find the source) that you could use hot glue like black Elmer's glue.  We gave it a try and Wa-lah!  Have a look at the middle school project.

Directions:

I talked a little about Romero Britto.  I showed some of his work.  We have posted on Romero Britto in the past.  Click HERE to see previous Romero Britto posts

I told the kids that the work would be displayed in the hall during Christmas.

The kids drew with pencil their plan for the project.

The kids hot glued all over the pencil marks.

The kids used a black sharpie and colored over hot glue.

The kids painted with acrylic.

The kids colored back over hot glue with sharpie to touch up.

Check these cool projects out!









Classic Christmas song by Coldplay
L O V E Coldplay


1965

No comments:

Post a Comment