Friday, June 17, 2016

55 "Peaces" and a Dove

Here's a group project for 55 campers using their fingerprints and the peace theme.  I adapted the Dove that has flooded Pinterest.  The  trickiest thing is organizing the children and their fingerprints.  I am always telling the kids to make their art their own.  Well, this time the challenge was all mine. 
 
Directions:
 
I drew the dove on the canvas with a pencil.
Then, I put 55 lines with pencil all around the canvas.  I made sure the lines were not dark because eventually they had to be erased.
I wrote the kids' names below the line in pencil.
I had 55 different tints and shades of paint mixed up.
The kids dipped their finger in their paint color and then, they placed their fingerprint on the canvas above their name.  Also, they each put 5 dots on the dove.
Once the kids were done, I added some random details around the border. 
When the paint was dry, I painted each kid's name on the canvas.

 
On the sides of the painting, I put random things that we did at camp during the week.



 
Here is a close-up of the dove.
 

 
Why not end in Prince singing, "When Doves Cry"?
It is a rehearsal, but it is cool.
 

 
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment