Friday, April 22, 2016

Jolie's Cat, The Beatles, SCAD, and Eddie Vedder


The Beatles like cats.  Don't believe me?  Have a look.


How do you like Jolie's cat?  Isn't he just the cutest?  I mean who would ever think about making a paper mache cat like this?  Well, my friend, Jolie, a high school sophomore at The Westfield School interested in attending The Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) certainly did.  Is this not clever or what?

Do you remember the song "Strawberry Fields Forever" or what about "Yellow Submarine"?


 Here is the side of the kitty representing these 2 great songs.  See the red strawberries and the submarine windows?


Hey, we got to give peace a chance, too!



Here is the cat's behind...And to me, it is just the cat's meow.  The "X" just cracks me up.  Now this is just a Jolie thing.  Funny thing, though.


Shutting this post down with a Beatles song, of course.  It's "I've Got a Feeling", a Beatles cover by Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam. 

First, a quick story.

My daughter loves Pearl Jam.
I tweeted this a few days before her birthday.
And on Saturday night at the Pearl Jam concert in Greenville, SC, Pearl Jam played "Present Tense".  Eddie Vedder said it was a request. I checked the setlist history.
Pearl Jam Setlist History  They have only played "Present Tense" in concert 128 times since 1990.  Was it the tweet?  I don't know, but it was one awesome present for my daughter's 22nd birthday. 

Here's Eddie Vedder singing The Beatles.

1965

No comments:

Post a Comment