Thursday, April 28, 2016

Getting Art HaPpY with Leonard "Porkchop" Zimmerman

Leonard "Porkchop" Zimmerman is a visual artist trying to be "Happy" in Augusta, Georgia.  From Facebook, I found a more detailed description.  Facebook account is The Art of Porkchop.  Click here for  Porkchop Facebook Link.
Leonard Zimmerman Jr.,  A.K.A. Porkchop, is a native of Augusta. He is a graduate of John S. Davidson Fine Arts Magnet School and The Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD). He's an award-winning graphic artist by day and a painter of robots and other fun stuff by night. His whimsical robots can be found in numerous locales in the Augusta area and beyond.
While he is most well-known for his robots, he also paints other subjects.
As a teacher, I would suggest watching this full 12 minute touching Tedx video.  I would not show this to lower age kids.  Click HERE for Leonard Porkchop Zimmerman Tedx video.

Directions:
 
I showed this quick video to the students for a little artist background information.  Leonard "Porkchop" 2 minute video.
I gave the kids a handout with some of Porkchop's robots.
I told the kids that they should attempt to create their own robots.  Many were very creative, but many could not resist just copying Porkchop's coolness.  These were a fun project and I think the kids enjoyed drawing and coloring their robots very much.



 
You can also find Porkchop on Instagram at Porkchop's Instagram Account
Also, I created a Pinterest Board with some of his art. Click Here for Pinterest Porkchop Link.
 
Here is Porkchop in Yellow and Orange.  Happy colors and a happy smile.
 
How about John Butler Trio cover for Pharrell Williams "Happy"?
I like changing it up.
 

 
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment