Wednesday, January 27, 2010

stressed out? get string, not strung out!

by karen #1965 3rd grade teacher so here is something i do when i am stressed out or when i want some color on my arm to match the sharpie on my hand.i usually have at least 3 of these things wrapped around my wrist.they are great.when i am doing teacher stuff, they just don't get in the way.a platinum bracelet (platinum is the metal for the week...did you know that platinum is used in catalytic converters in automobiles?) gets in the way banging on your desk when you are checking papers.so, anyway.i make these bracelets.when i am done, i cut them off and use some of them as bookmarks in my Bible (yeah, i write, take notes, draw pictures in my Bible and God doesn't care) or in some other book like The Help...now that was a good book to me...enjoyed reading it...reminded me of a lady that helped us growing up named nettie.i couldn't help but wonder what nettie thought about us after reading that book.so back to the bracelets.EASY.i get some string from my organized basket (mr. o husband would like that basket).i usually get 5 different colors.i tie the string together in a knot.i tape it down with duck tape (don't go cheap on me here.pay a little extra...don't be skimping...skip on mayonaise, buy publix brand instead of hellman's).then, you wrap one string around the other 4.i do that a while.then, i stop.i put that string back in the group and grab another color.you will have to push up the string every 5 or six times you wrap it around or the bracelet will be soooo ugly fugly.when you get to the end, just tie it off.there is a pretty good picture of how the ends look.you can get fancy and do the knot or just tie it up.i usually just tie it up.then, you have a beautiful one-of-a-kind bracelet.not tiffany's but whatever.....................what i like about you?...u like art....happy january 27, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. hI k, love the blog. hope that it is ok for me to comment...nobody else has left one so just erase mine if you don't want a comment. I used to make these bracelets when I was much younger. I made one nice bright one and gave half to my boyfriend and half to me. Like a bond we wore them for several months until the whole thing unraveled. haha. but it was fun while it lasted. BGJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey bon bon.please comment....a lot of things are...as you say..."fun while they lasted"...

    ReplyDelete