Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Mr. Redbird and The Stinky Eyes


You ask, what in the world?

Well, I had a red bird that kept slamming into my window.  He would peck on it.  He would run into it.  He was having some major poop issues.  I felt like I needed to help my bird friend out.  I painted these eyes and hung them all over the back of my house.  

Why these eyes?

I googled bird repellent devices.  I found these 2 items:

The one above šŸ‘† seemed a little hard to hang inside the window frame.  I decided to scroll on!


Then, I saw the one above šŸ‘† that is called a Bird-X Scare Eye.  A pack of 3 was about $13.  I thought this was a good price, but could not figure out how to hang these inside the window frame either.

What did I decide to do?  I decided I could make my own scare eyes out of corrugated metal that I recently used on another art project.  And that is just what I did.  

Have a lšŸ‘€K!




Did it totally stop Mr. Redbird?  Nope, but it sure did slow him down.  He just flies over, sits on the hummingbird feeder, and peeks in my family room.  I am good with Mr. Redbird checking in on us.  For some folks, they think the red bird holds special meaning, sometimes evoking emotional or spiritual feelings.  The red bird is red and red is a vibrant color!  Actually, red is probably my favorite color!  Some see the red bird as a happy sign that those we have lost will live forever, so long as we keep their memories alive in our hearts.  As the red birds sing their songs, people may recall sweet memories of loved ones that have passed on. Click HERE for more info on Mr. Redbird!

Have a lšŸ‘€k at my back deck area and laugh if you want!









šŸ¦, 1965


 

No comments:

Post a Comment