Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Clay Pumpkin Rattles

Have you ever made a clay rattle? It has been awhile for me, so I thought might as well bust out this lesson again and I am so glad that I did! 

How did we make them? We took 2 pinch pots and created them. Then we had rolled small clay beads / balls of clay and left on a tray the week before this way those would be bone dry. Once the 2 halves were made, we place several clay beads / balls on the inside before slipping and scoring them both together. It was a good idea to wrap them with paper towels just so they would not stick. Don't forget to put the names on the bottoms and poke tiny hole in top and bottom.

I gave the students option for glazing. They could experimental colors or do a traditional style pumpkin. All turned out super cool!

1969
 


















No comments:

Post a Comment