UPDATE Position is filled and we are thrilled!!!!
Hey Art Teacher Friends! Are you located in our neck of the woods? We are in Tallahassee, Florida. Are you interested in a High School Art Teacherin' Job? If so, take a looksy at the job description link below:
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate an innovative and creative instructional approach and prioritize process over product.
- Be knowledgeable and skilled in 2D and 3D art, including but not limited to drawing, painting, ceramics, and art history.
- Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations along with the ability to make qualitative judgments about art.
- Understand a variety of “masters” techniques and be able to compare/contrast to contemporary theory and practice.
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school and the community.
- ·Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
An Upper School Teacher is a dynamic, energetic, and charismatic adult committed to a child-centered and differentiated approach to student learning and achievement. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, an educational philosophy and worldview consistent with the mission and goals of Maclay School.
- Experience working as part of an academic team and facilitating a collaborative, trusting atmosphere among colleagues.
- A genuine ability to “connect” with and advocate for young people.
- Commitment to professional development and lifelong learning.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to use sound judgement.
- A strong desire to contribute to school life beyond the classroom.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or related field.
- A certification in Visual Arts.
- Minimum 3 years teaching visual arts to students at the high school level.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the completed Maclay School Employment Application to Nella Dickens, Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org and Charles Beamer, Assistant Head of School/Director of Upper School at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
**It is the policy of Maclay School not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.**
I will add my email on here too firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to speak to me. I would love to connect with you about our Fine Arts Department!
Creatively, Kim 1969